day 14

Do not be afraid, stand firm, and see the deliverance that the Lord will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you see today you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still. -  Exodus 14: 13-14

I'm sharing words from Richard J. Foster and Julia L. Roller's "A Year With God" devotional today, because my heart is too heavy and the words that follow give me strength and continue to persist to believe.

"As you look for God today, reflect on when in your life you have been able to trust in God, when things fell apart. If you cannot think of a time, how do you think you might come closer to allowing yourself to step back and let God fight for you?"

Walking with God is messy. At least it should be, otherwise it is just surface level faith. "Add the bandaid and you are good to go" kind of faith. That isn't faith, that's choosing a solution that causes the least discomfort. 

I have to continue to ask myself, in order to trust God, what part of my expectations do I need to give up? What about you? 

Comments

Popular Posts