day 15


 Therefore Jesus told them, 
“My time is not yet here; for you any time will do.John 7: 6 (NIV)

At this they tried to seize him, but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. - John 7:30 (NIV)

As I reflected on John 7 this morning. Timing is what most stood out to me.

Maybe because we are in Advent season, or because my business has done a 100% change in the last year and I desire to be further established rather than where I currently am; or because of all the strife and struggle we have had and the timing of learning truths, and missing details and choices... just are not as we have imagined in our vision of life with them would be.

Time is an interesting thing. Sometimes months feel like forever, and then they are gone just like that. Sometimes we get second and third opportunities with people and choices. And sometimes we don't. 

No matter what I think, how do I respond to God when I don't think he works on the best time table (my time table)? Do I have any right to question his time table at all? (I am grateful that he is too big to be surprised by my questions.)

 Do I throw a fit, act down-trodden, or do I seek rest in the middle of the struggle?

Am I willing to be a yes for the resistance to get to the other side with Him? Without understanding his time table.


*Photo by Jessica Lewis from Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts