day 25

 “I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. - John 14:26-27 (the Message)

Jesus doesn't leave us feeing abandoned. We are not alone. Well and whole. 

There is a popular philosophy that teaches we are well, and we only need to uncover what is underneath to to feel well and whole again. This sounds good. And these words are encouraging to a point. But when put into practice, what happens once we've unloaded the junk? How do you determine what to put back in that place, when you were already enough? 

Jesus told the disciples he was leaving them with the Holy Spirit, not the crowds. We have to refill the spaces in our hearts and minds with God's truths, otherwise other "stuff," philosophies, beliefs, stories will take up resistance

When you lay down beliefs that were not founded on God's truth, what actions do you intentionally take to refill that space? 

but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. - Psalm 1:2

Comments

Popular Posts