Day 11

 John 1:35-51 (from day 3 of Journey To Christmas)

Jesus building community. I love this and am quite convicted by this. The last few months I have realized what I horrible friend I have been. Even though I think of many of my friends often, I seldom reach out. I could give you a list of reasons why I don't take the time. The the fact is I just haven't taken the time. I've been reading some of Shauna Niequest's books and over and over I have been reminded of the value of my friends. Friends from years ago, and my friends that are near where I live now. 

I've started to reach out, send messages, let friend's know I desire to spend time with them.  It's slow. And with pandemic, there are extra obstacles. But I love people around my table, and I love preparing food and it is time. 

There are seasons where logistically it is more difficult. Beyond COVID, seasons of parenting, work... how do you still make time for the people you value? How do the people you value inspire you as a person? 

Comments

Popular Posts