Day 3

 "Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the Lord, and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."  - Proverbs 3:7 (NIV)

This weekend included the salad with homemade vinaigrette and pomegranate seeds. Sunday also included time with family, homemade brownies and chocolate chip cookie bars. Ice cream and then baked potatoes and left overs... and joy. 

For a few hours, I didn't think about some of the life struggles that feel so hard right now. I didn't avoid them, I just filled time doing things that were a healthy "changes of thought."

When I keep re-hashing possibilities of life circumstances that are not in my control, I only create more stress and frustration. I know this, and I daily work to meditate on God's Word and not let my mind go "there." It can still go there. 

I've been rereading and reading for the first time some of Shauna Niequist's books. As I read, besides for feeling like a friend is in the room with me, I am reminded of my need for time with friends and family. Yesterday, the thought of time with friends was my reality and it was so good for my soul. 

My favorite kind of Sunday's include time with our church family. A good lunch and a nap, followed by baking and a run. Adding additional family into the mix put the day over the top. God does know best. And he knows what all has happened, what will happen and when I let him stay on the throne, and create time for what matters, I get the blessing of nourishment and health. The message says "glowing health...". I think that is a better description. 

How are you letting God keep his place on the throne today, so you can experience the "glow" only he can give?




Comments

Popular Posts