some much needed therapy....

Farm work day.

Well by the time we arrived at the farm I was ready to cry from stress overload, and then I was cutting the flowers off of the basil and I was beginning to feel like I wasn't going to buckle. God is good. That may sound so cliche but on that day, and today, He is.

I've been studying the Psalms of Ascent, Psalms 120-135 for the past 7 weeks. They are the songs the Israelites sang as they made their pilgrimages to the 3 major feasts of the Jews. The final one being the Feast of Tabernacles. Jesus talks about being the light of the world on the day He knew He would be betrayed. It was also during the feasts of tabernacles when the candle light would be the brightest, and that is when He made that statement.

The timing has been perfect for this study. Mat and I have been going through a season of life where we have questions, great amounts of frustration, no finances to help with some of the extra frustrations, and on the days where all I can do is make my self look up- not even with words to express the myriad of emotion I have - I am looking for Him to be the brightest. That is my peace right now.

Comments

Popular Posts