sugar cookie recipe.

I found this recipe several years ago in an "Martha Stewart Everyday Food" magazine. (My subscription started the next month.) I have sold and/or had these cookies requested more then any other treat. :)

Giant Sugar Cookies
from Martha Stewart Everyday Cooking.

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 stick butter (unsalted, room temp.)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Whisk dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.

Mix butter and sugar 2-4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Then alternate adding sour cream and dry mixture.

Spoon (3 tablespoons) onto baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes. Rotate in oven half way through. If you are making the cookies "normal size" I bake for 15 minutes, still rotating half way through. They should just be starting to golden on the top when you take them out of the oven.

* Also, if you aren't going to frost the cookies, the recipe recommends sprinkling sugar over the tops. I usually make a cream cheese/powder sugar frosting.

Cream cheese cookie frosting:
4 12/-5 cups powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. lemon juice

Comments

  1. Yummy. These look great ! I think my kids will love them too. Thanks, Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts