my favorite hot cocoa recipe.

Since Christmas 2000, this has been my go-to recipe for hot cocoa. I have tried others but I always come back to this one.




Hot Cocoa
{found in Country Home December 2000}
-serves 1-

-1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 tablespoon sugar
-1 tablespoon water

-1 cup milk
-a few dashes of cinnamon and cardamon

*2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon powdered sugar.

Heat the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan until blended.
Add the milk and spices and heat (medium heat) until ready to drink. Do not let it boil.
Pour into a coffee cup/mug and enjoy.

*If you enjoy toppings, I whip the cream and powdered sugar to make a whipped cream to dollop onto the top. Also, if you have a hand held milk frother, I love to use mine so the hot cocoa is a bit frothy.

Do you have a favorite hot cocoa recipe??

Comments

Popular Posts