fruit trees and lists.

{our trip to Silver Dollar City this summer}

Yesterday I did two things that I had been putting off for quite awhile. Neither were very hard, nor did they take a lot of time, but both needed to be done. I needed to tie a fruit tree up because it had been leaning, and I needed to have the kids help make a "walk the dog" schedule. Why I thought that those minutes couldn't be spared earlier? I don't know, but when I'm not careful that can happen a lot in the garden and in the home.


The fact that parenting would require so much time never occurred to me before children. Sure, I knew that they would had events that someday I would be needing to give rides to, meals would need to be prepared, more laundry - no clue as to how much laundry, bedtimes and stories read.... but the life lessons and staying on top of attitudes and good choices - sharing - all those things I never imagined would require so many minutes of my day!!!


It is just like fixing the tree and making the list though. It is worth it. Because down the road, even now from where I am standing to where I was a few years ago on my road of parenting, the fruit is noticeable and so worth it.

Comments

  1. oh friend I can SO relate to this!! I always say I never knew so much of parenting was going to be training!! Funny you post this-I've been meaning to organize our seed packets, garden folder, etc. since APRIL and did it today :) love ya friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seed packets? You are good - that one is still on my to do list. missin' you Aubin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post and so perfectly put. Beth/The Linen Cat x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts