poppyseed muffin recipe.


Poppy Seed Muffins 
from Adeliene Kirschmon (thank you Sharon for sharing the recipe)
-makes 2 1/2 dozen

-3 cups flour
-2 1/4 cups sugar
-1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1 1/2 tsp. salt
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-3 eggs
-1 1/2 cups milk
-1/2 tsp. almond extract
-1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seed

Preheat the oven to 375 F. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Stir in the poppy seed, being careful not to over-stir! Evenly distribute into greased (I used butter and flour) standard-size muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes.

While we were in North Dakota my family stayed with friends of the family. (Although I still catch myself calling them Aunt Sharon and Uncle Doug, because that is how I remembered them, and how they proved themselves to be, even after so many years since I had visited them last.) Their hospitality was a blessing that I hope I can pass on to all that land at our home.

Comments

Popular Posts