three years.



It has been three years since my last post. A lot has happened since then. And I assume the same for everyone else's families as well.

Since my last post - I tucked away my knitting needles, put away my sewing machine - and tied up my shoe laces and learned how to use a yoga mat. I've ran a lot of miles - on and off the road, memorized a bunch of scripture and have returned to school. I have finished my first semester of nursing school, and have three more to go.

I truly didn't know if I would make it back to this spot of mine. Our kids our growing (up);  I've done a lot of learning; and God has done a lot of teaching; and I'm on summer break, so if there ever is a time to catch up, this is it. Oh, I also picked up my knitting needles again - something else I didn't plan on - at least until I had finished nursing school. So, please bear with me as I try to dust off the cobwebs and uncover the stories and lessons I feel are worth sharing here.

So where to start? Well, I think it will be with our kids. The last day of school (for the younger two, the older two have been out for a couple of days). Mat and I are now down to just one in grade school, one in junior high, and two in high school. And don't they just look amazing!!! They are four totally different people, growing and learning who they are - and they are our people! Mind blown!

Besides for my knitting needles, we have to eat, and I still love to try new recipes, so I will try to post some of the more successful dishes and desserts that made the cut; but what I feel I really want to pick back up is "grace, love and the dishes." Out of all of the transition that has taken place in the last three years - God's mercy continues to be the greatest and the biggest light that guides my path (Lamentations 3:22) - and the hard losses and victories that come with living this life are the valuable portions worth recording. How this all ends up unfolding? Well, I guess time will just have to tell.

Comments

Popular Posts