peach cobbler muffins - gluten and dairy free.

If I have time, I like to try a new recipe on Saturdays. This does not happen as often as I would like. And sometimes, they are massive fails - but this one is good enough to make more then once. Please let me know what you think if you give them a go. 



Peach cobbler muffins
-gluten and dairy free-
adapted from Kim Boyce's "Good to the Grain"

In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together:
-1 cup coconut flour
-3/4 c. gluten free oats
-1/2 c. brown rice flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. baking powder
-3/4 tsp. sea salt
-1 tsp. ground ginger
-1/2 c. raw sugar

In medium size bowl, whisk the wet ingredients:
-1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
-1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
-3/4 c. almond milk
-2 eggs

In small bowl, melt and mix the topping together:
-1 Tablespoon coconut oil
-1 Tablespoon honey
-2-3 peaches, sliced

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Oil the muffin tins (I used coconut oil). 
Add the wet ingredients to the dry, being careful not to over stir. Scoop into the muffin tins. Add topping to each muffin.

Bake for 24-26 minutes.  To test, I lifted a muffin out of the pan, and checked the bottom for doneness. 

Notes: If you like pecans, I would toast some pecans and mix them in with the topping. That would be lovely. Also, I used peaches that I had frozen from our crop last summer. If your peaches are not very sweet, I would recommend taste testing your topping, and if not sweet enough, adding a bit more honey to the mixture. 

Comments

Popular Posts