hats and cookies.

knitting and baking - two of my favorite things.



This time I added 1 tsp. of freshly grated nutmeg to my sugar cookies, because MAV's Mom said it is what makes the difference.*

The Icing Swirl hat from Ysolda. Fun and quick pattern-last time I checked the pattern is still on sale. On the second one (turquoise) I added 2 rounds of k2/p2, then did the bind off keeping the pattern. Next time, I would k1/p1 to keep the numbers more even. The hat Alli is wearing is another Ysolda pattern (Ripley) I knit up last year. The Icing Swirl hats are not to keep, although I am making myself in one puffin very soon - I love how they look and fit.

-yarn for brown icing swirl is puffin from quince & co. - color way is twig
-yarn for turquoise icing swirl hat is stitch nation I had purchased at joann's last year. I doubled it up.
-yarn for ripley - I don't remember...


*I made the dough and then refrigerated it over night. Then rolled part of the dough out to attempt to use the cookie cutters instead of making them all drop and bake style. It worked best when I turned up the oven temp. to 375 F., and baked them for 7-8 minutes. Since I did not adjust the baking soda and baking powder ratios, they still rose like normal when the oven was at 350 F. I also added the cinnamon sugar on some of them like she mentioned. Yummy and saves me from frosting those, however, I still frosted and added sprinkles to the majority of them.

P.S. I don't not know MAV or her Mother, but I like to visit 3191 Miles Apart.

Comments

  1. All lovely, especially the turquoise colour of that first hat :) Beth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts